Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Some of This Week's Knitting

 I wanted to share a couple of projects that I am working on right now.

First is a new poncho, for Miss M.  I knit her one in 2016.  When we were over there last weekend, she wore it quite a bit, and not only I noticed, but her Aunt as well, that maybe it was time for a new one.


She really liked the yarn from her first one, and I thought maybe I would look for something similar, and there was one contender, but when I looked at the cost, I did have a bit of second thought, which normally, I wouldn't.

 And I wondered if I had anything in my stash, that would fit the bill.  As luck would have it, I have quite the quantity of Plymouth, Jelli Beenz.  I thought I'd just cast on and see if I liked it.  I did and had further confirmation yesterday, when I took it to knitting.  

Two of my knitting friends want to knit the poncho for their granddaughter/niece and wanted the exact same yarn, so I am pretty sure Miss M will like it too!


 

I had a bit of a rude awakening last weekend. Our new grandson is set to arrive earlier in July than originally planned, and if I want to have the Christening Shawl done by the end of July, I need to get on the stick and knit a bit more on it.  So I devised a plan to knit at least 8-12 rows every day on it. 

That shouldn't be too hard as I am working on it during baseball games at night.  I can knit, look at the chart which is pretty easy to read and listen to the game, especially when my team is playing so badly.

And lastly, I have cast on a new Summer Tee out of stash yarn.  I have had to go down to a size 3 needle from the original size 5.  I still am not getting gauge, but I refuse to go down any further.  I will just adapt it later on.


Today was a beautiful day to sit on the porch and do some knitting, but first I started out with a nice cup of coffee and a fun book to read.


It was the perfect Wednesday!




No comments: