Friday, September 30, 2022

Finally Finished

 Can you believe September is about to be over?  My mind, these days, almost always thinks back about what was going on and where we were in our journey a year ago.  I don't dwell too much on it right now and it is not as hard as it was a couple of months ago, but still, one wonders what life will be like as the seasons change.

Thankfully, I have my knitting and it occupies a lot of my mind, along with some changes in our house, it seems I am taking over a lot of the rooms, all of the rooms.  More about that in a podcast I am hoping to do later this weekend, and here on the blog down the road.

For this Friday, I have a small little finished project to share with you all, the Sophie Scarf by PetiteKnit.  I swore I wasn't going to jump on the bandwagon when this came out, but then Noelle and Kelly from Knits n Pieces were doing a KAL, and Cadyjax too, so I pulled out the last two skeins of Cumberland Yarn, by Valley Yarns, a 100% alpaca DK yarn, that I was hoping would use all of the last of this yarn up.

I used it in my Soundtrack Sweater a couple of years back, and again earlier this year in my second Half and Half Triangle Wrap.

It didn't, I still have one skein, so perhaps fingerless mitts to coordinate at a later date.


The upside to the yarn color way, is that I have lots of things that go with it, (read that as match it, I seem to have an issue with wanting things to match these days, I like to call it an ensemble. 


Now, that the Sophie Scarf is finished, I spent the afternoon outside knitting on the porch.  It was an almost perfect end to the last Friday in September, knitting on my Yume, enjoying some coffee and sunshine.  I am hoping to split for the sleeves later this evening and then the real slug of knitting begins.


Hope you all are enjoying some great Fall like weather this last Friday in September 2022.

Knit On!







No comments: