Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pre Camp Planning

I'm a planner. I plan. I think. I make lists. I don't always adhere to my lists, but I make them anyway. On Sunday, in between laundry, I had a Pre-Camp Planning Session.

I started looking at some of my books/projects/spun outs that I want to
take with me to camp. You see the thought was to cut down on the weight of the bags this year. Yea, right! I know we will only be gone just shy of 5 days, but one
would not want to have the proper pattern with one or have to buy it
again, cause one did not plan well enough.

My yarn purchases last time were based on sweaters that I tried on at camp and really liked. It was a good way to go. We'll see what this year's bring. This shrug is one that I will be looking at for yarn and fit this year.



I also started thinking about what I will take with me to work on. You know kind of like 5 days/5 projects!
Here is my short list:The Guernsey....so I will have to take my Guernsey Books along with the Knitting Workshop, because Gaffer has a Guernsy on that I might want to
use the design from.

The Ribwarmer (I'll probably have yarn before we go)....I was going to
use the 2 ply Sheepswool that I washed. After swatching a bit
yesterday, I have decided the 2 ply for me requires a looser gauge on a
bigger needle. 4 sts to the inch just makes this WAY too stiff. I have
cast on the Tomten in my size for me in that Charcoal Sheepswool and
don't mind working with it so much. I'm sure there will be others.The Guernsey....so I will have to take my Guernsey Books along with the
Knitting Workshop, because Gaffer has a Guernsy on that I might want to
use the design from.

The Pie Are Square Shawl...I am still kicking around if I want to put a
little lace in it towards the bottom section. I have two sections at
the moment that are just garter, but am thinking about doing the Feather
and Fan for a little bit of interest. So, I will have to take my
Knitting Around book for both it and the Tomten.

So, it looks at least a couple of my books and Wool Gatherings are going with me. And a lot of sweaters to knit on!

No comments: