Saturday, June 16, 2007

Today Is Lace Day

It is going to be another hot day today. There is nothing decent on the t.v. to knit with. We are saving going out to get groceries til late this afternoon, when all the screamin kids, hopefully will be home having dinner. I can't go to the Yarn Shop two Saturdays in a row....so I am doing lace today.

I am armed with my Barbara Walker Treasuries, my Gathering of Lace Book, my Victorian Lace book, and some leftover yarn and I am going to play with lace patterns to decide which ones I want to use for my Pi Shawl.

The Radical Knitters came up with a great idea for me to make a killer shawl for my son's wedding next May. Next Thursday, we are going to help me find a killer pattern and discuss what yarn I should get for it.

In the mean time, I need to practice knitting lace and what better way to do it then on the Pi Shawl. Linda and Char assure me I can do it and with their helpful guidance and holding of my hand, I think I can!

What a great way to spend a Saturday!

No comments: