Saturday, June 09, 2007

What A Wonderful Afternoon!

I met Karen out at Knit 4 Together. We were going to compare jackets. She has two Babies and Bears Sweaters on the needles. We decided that her strip of yellow needs to be pulled out too. It will require a bit of ripping out.

Mine, we discovered also must be ripped back to quite a ways down the sleeve. It appears that on the second half at the point where I went from double point needles to circular needles, I jumped to a size 10 1/2 and not the size 9 I was suppose to. I thought the ridges were a little loose too soon and the # of rows I had knitted did not seem quite right. But, until, I actually measured sleeve against sleeve, was when I noticed something funny. Karen noticed the difference on the sleeve a little ways back. Oh well...

But, amongst the looking at yarns, seeing the Tofutsies yarn and talking to Marilyn one of the shop owners, (who also bows at the feet of Elizabeth Zimmerman and Meg Swansen) we had just a great Saturday, talking knitting.

We enjoyed it so much, it was a perfect day! I can't wait to do it again! We also recomend the wrap and the soup at the Coffee House across the street. Next time, I'm going to try a Smootie.

No comments: