Wednesday, August 29, 2007

SIP

AKA Shawls In Progress
Kiri from All Tangled Up with Crytal Palace Kids Merino. This pic has it on my Denise needles. I have been back and forth with it on my new Addi Lace Needles. My problem with the Denise needles has always been the drag of the yarn along the shaft of the needle. The size from the needle to the cable is pretty uniform, but the join and the little indentation at the base of the needle always cause me problems. I like my stitches to slide easily along and they just don't with the Denises, especially with this hairy yarn. I do like the points on them though. So, for now, I am going to give the new Addis a try with Kiri.

Pi Shawl from "The Almanac" out of Schoolhouse Press' Laceweight. I'm using my regular Addis for the Pi shawl at the moment. Originally, I was going to order Addi lace needles in a size 9 and give it a try with this yarn. But, then I discovered that at the moment, size 9s are not being made in the lace needle. If I had known at the time that they were not being made, I would have ordered a pair of the Knit Picks needles in a size 9. For now, I'll keep on with my regular 9 Addis.

Wing Of The Moth from Joslyns Wool and Silk. I bought this yarn a year ago at Knit Camp 1. I am hoping to get this done by next May for the older twin's wedding. I'm using the Knit Picks needles for this one. And I really like them. The shaft of the needle is pretty uniform all the way down to the cable and the points are pretty decent.

In comparison, I like the Knit Picks needles the best. I think I'll get another order together for Knit Picks and order the 9 needles and give them a try with the Pi shawl.

No comments: