Thursday, August 09, 2007

Yes, I Am Tired


As you can tell from my eyes, but the Ribwarmer I started at Camp 2 is done. What an interesting knit. I started knitting it directly from Knitting Workshop. With the help of Char who is also knitting it and Linda who knit some years ago, I made it! But, man was this tough. I could just not visualize it. But that is so typical of EZ, she makes us think even when we think we know what we are doing!


This one is a combo of the Knitting Workshop directions and the directions from one of the Spun Outs. Next time, I make it, I think I'll do it from the Spun Out, and make it maybe a little longer. I did add some width to the side so it would fit me and I am pleased. I would, however want any more across the shoulder. The Spun Out also has directions for a shaped armhole which I think I'd like to try.

And I liked the Unspun Icelandic in two ply. Since I bought a bun of the silver I could do it from that, but not real soon, there are other things on my list to knit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Penny, the ribwarmer looks very good! Nice job! You look exhausted, now get some sleep so you can dream about the next knitting project you'll start. Oh, and I agree about the unspun... when I first saw Nadine working with it last summer, at Camp 1, I thought "There's no way I could work with that stuff" but surprisingly easy and fun to do. I bought more of it this summer, but not a whole bun!

Penny said...

Sue-
It is even worse than that! I bought a bun in two different colors...now you know why we Radical Knitters made a pack to not buy any new yarn for a year- unless it is needed for a project that needs more yarn.