Sunday, February 24, 2008

What Every Radical Knitter Does

The first thing I did, after Mapquesting my trip to Iowa yesterday, was what every Radical Knitter does. I got my handy knit shop guide out and looked for new yarn shops that were in route. What did I find?

Nothing. Nada. Not a one! What? So, I went online - none!

Fort Madison is so quaint. Just a few hours down from Muscatine where there is a yarn shop. It sits along the Mississippi River. I bet it is great place to be in the spring, summer and fall.

But, no yarn shop....so I went to the shower and came home. Yarnless. My knitting was in the back seat for those who wondered if I knitted while I drove. There were times when I thought about stopping and getting it up front with me, but I didn't want to take the time to stop and get it out. Just in a hurry to get there and then get home for our brother-in-law's birthday party.

By the way the bride loved the sewing machine. I think it was a good choice.

I took tomorrow off too. I thought I would go dress shopping for the mother of the groom. But, it is supposed to be kind of rainy tomorrow so I am going to run up to Grand Prairie today and see what Bergners has. Maybe, tomorrow, I stay in and knit on the baby sweater. Wouldn't that be a fun day off?! I think so! Let it rain, I'll have my knitting and coffee!

No comments: