Thursday, December 04, 2008

Memphis Knitting

As always I packed too much knitting for the Memphis trip, but here is what I did accomoplish.

Who would have known how long it takes to knit 7 inches? This was my car knitting down and back (when not sleeping). But when it is boring garter and you have 160 stitches to go back and forth on it takes a bit of time

I'm finally on the downhill stretch on it. I am on the sleeve and then just have to do the icord around the fronts and neck. I hope to have it finished by the weekend.
This hat I have already torn out, I think it was just too big for a two month old. And I am not so crazy about the pink Debbie Bliss color. Love the cashmerino, but just think the pink is kind of dull and dark. It just looks dirty to me.

The one thing I did finish. This is also from the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Pink. It is the Squash hat from 101 Designer One Skein Book. After I finished it, it seemed to me a little small for a head that is going to grow over the next few months. She would not get much wear out of it.

So, instead I am going to give it to a co-worker for her new granddaughter to be.

Back to the drawing board on a winter hat for the two month old.

No comments: