Sunday, December 26, 2010

It Was A Nice Christmas

But for us, Christmas Eve is really our celebration. Thats what happen when the kids grow up and there isn't any little ones around.

Christmas Eve day started as the weatherman predicted...snow. The tall guy went out before noon to try and get some of it up with the old snow blower. He had been having issues with it since the last snow a couple of weeks ago.

After way too many tries of getting it started and failing, I yelled out the back door for him to just go buy a new one. Enough. He did. The snow continued to fall all afternoon. We were going to be a small group anyway, but my niece and her fiance thought the roads were too much to come across town.


The Tall Guy's sister, brother-in-law and mom braved the weather and we had a pleasent evening with them eating chili and horse derves.

Christmas Day, was a quiet day, the three of us just sat around. I played with my new ebook reader and ate my self silly and finally got out of the jammies around 3. I had an epiphany about 10 pm. Since we are all off next week, why didn't we think ahead and go to Memphis. We could have late this morning and been down there and spent a couple of days with the kids. DUH?! Must pre-plan next year. We could have been back in time for our Christmas Get Together with my other niece on New Year's Eve.

Now, that Christmas is over, it's time to get back to knitting and on track with Weight Watchers. Thats what is on schedule for me, starting this morning.

No comments: