Saturday, May 07, 2011

Changing Horses

I have had my Three Irish Girls Yarn in the Gulf of Mexico colorway for sometime now. I've tried several things out in it, the last being a shawl, but just have not been lovin any of them.

The last shawl was in garter and the garter stitch just was not letting the soft feel of the yarn come through. After giving it a few days to see if that is what it wanted it to be, I ripped it out last night.


Enter Effortless. I've wanted to do it for sometime, and have been deciding from the Irish Yarn and another. Very early this morning, I casted on, we'll see as this progresses.

Of course, before I start any knit project, I head on over to Ravelry to see what others are saying about it, what yarns it is being knit out of and to see how it looks on different body types. A must for me before I knit anything lately. It's a great resource for me!

One of the things I discovered through the research and looking at the schematic is that the arm is really narrow and will never fit these pelican bill arms of mine. When I get to that point, I will definitely have to adjust the stitches there.

Stay tuned, we'll see if this is the one!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I feel the same way about the sleeves - but this sweater is absolutely on my to-do list.