Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's A Tradition

It started when I was in 8th grade. My brother had gotten married earlier in the year, and because my sister-in-law wanted to go the races, which meant another female besides myself, my mom and dad let me go with my dad, brother and sister-in-law to the Indy 500. I loved it from the start.

That year we raced home to see the race rebroadcasted on t.v. My mom was painting the living room and couldn't understand why we drove 4 hours to see a race and then
4 hours back to watch the race again! That was before VCRs.

I was highly irritated three years later when my dad was transferred to Indianapolis. Partly because it was the start of my senior year, but the other half was that he wouldn't move to Speedway. If I had to move to Indy, I wanted to be close to the speedway....I thought I wanted to work there some day.

Many years later, I still clear my schedule so I can sit and watch the race.

Enter the other tradition...what better t.v. to watch then to knit while watching the greatest spectacle in racing. I am hoping to finish the hoodie today. I am anxious to pull something out from the WIP basket and work on something new.

No comments: