Thursday, August 18, 2011

Playin Around

Thats what I am doin. This is that in between time, not quite Summer, but you know not quite Fall. The lazy days of a knitter who really should not be so lazy.

I am swatching my Wistful yarn that I bought from Chris at BriarRose Fibers. This stuff is sooooo soft. In my mind I see a cardigan, but I just can't decide what one I want to knit. There are so many possibilities out there that my mind is just boggled by it.

So, I've been toying with finding a stitch pattern that I like and using EPS, kind of sort of designing my own. The jury is still out on that one, since it would be so easy just to use one of the many patterns that I have. I've thought about it so much that it's kind of overwhelming....I will take suggestions. I think the yarn lends it towards some sort of stitch pattern.

About a week ago, I thought I would knit one of two last Summer sweaters. The yardage on each of these balls is relatively small. I thought I could knit a ball a day and have a sweater to wear for Stitches Midwest which is a week from today. If I get my butt in gear and do two a day, I could maybe make it.


Over on Ravelry, in the Knit One Knit All, we are doing a KAL on the Hand to Hand Cardigan. I'm using Rangely yarn which is a stiff wool, unlike a not so stiff one, so the knitting is slow going on this. I love the Lake Blue yarn. I told myself that I would knit on it every morning and I was doing really

well for about two days. Tomorrow, I gotta get back at it. I am going to wear this one this year when the weather turns chilly.

It's kind of fun to play around. No baby sweaters to knit for now, so I might as well enjoy my "me" knitting.

No comments: