Thursday, August 11, 2011

This Is Some Beautiful Weather


we are having in Central Illinois. Just like a Fall day. Now, I know it is only the middle of August and we could have some very warm days to come, but it days like this one that makes me thing that Fall will be here before we know it.

Where did Summer go? Well, for me it was spent working and going to Memphis to pack the kids, and going to Cedar Rapids to unpack the kids, then Knit Camp and then back to work and today, I took a day off. It has not been too long since my Knit Camp vacation, but today was a lot about getting some chores/errands done.

We have had an ongoing problem with our air conditioner for a couple of years and with the new bathroom in progress downstairs, we needed to have a pipe from it rerouted so we could put a door on the new bathroom. That guy came this morning.

And then a half an hour later the guy who owns the company that is going to remodel our upstairs bathroom came by to give me the damage. Crimey, it's a lot of $$ but it's time to bite the bullet. I can only imagine what the kitchen is going to be!

It will be around 8 weeks before all of the stuff is in, so we are going to have to live with the current bathroom until Fall really is here.

After they left, I headed off on some errands. Bed Bath and Beyond is becoming my new favorite store. Oh the stuff, got part of a birthday present there. Bought a smaller Keurig for my office at work. Picked up a squigee for the bathroom downstairs. Found a Chai Latte for my Keurig that will be perfect for those afternoons when I need a little sweet but don't want to raid the candy machine.



Believe it or not, I went to the Hyacinth and came out with no new Vera Bradley. I was actually looking for a birthday present from a discontinued pattern which they didn't have, so I didn't buy a thing. Thats a first.



And finally, after several weeks, went out to Sam's Club to get my official card. Now, I can buy Mystic Chai Tea online from them at their price.

Came home, had a spot of lunch, caught up on some things I DVDed, did a little knitting and now just kicking back. Only checked work email once early this morning.



Now, this is what I call a vacation day!

No comments: