Saturday, June 01, 2013

Camp Loopy


Like I need to start one more you know KAL, but somehow I just cannot help myself.  When I saw over on Ravelry, there was one starting for the Summer through The Loopy Ewe in Colorado, I just had to see what it was all about.  And of course I joined.  It is a summer like virtual camp and each month, there is a new project to be done.  The project will be different each month and I suppose we will find out what July's is later this month.

June (starting today) has to be a project out of one skein of yarn that you have never knit before and the yarn has to be a yarn that The Loopy Ewe carries.  Of all the yarns they have, there a plenty that I have not used before.  But, it was tough to decide on just one.  I had a pretty good idea that I wanted to do some sort of shawl out of a fingering yarn so I chose Top Draw Socks from Skein.  Mine is in the color way Puddle.  Don't you just love that name!  The yarn is from Australia and is a 85% merino and 15% Nylon.

I cast on Magrathea this morning in the early hours.  I am pretty sure that is the shawl I am going with since it has been in my queue for sometime.  I am a collector of Martina Behm's pattern, the Hitchhiker being among them.


I could not resist the little project bag that I could order when I ordered my yarn.  It is like a back pack and will be perfect to house my Camp Loopy project and of course the color was not hard on the eyes either!

I have to say those people over at the Loopy Ewe have it going.  Look how cute even the box it comes in is.  Just made me smile before I even opened the box of goodies they sent.


I hope you are all enjoying a nice weekend and having some fun, even if it is raining again!  Very soon, the sun is going to shine, I just feel it coming.

No comments: