Saturday, August 30, 2014

OK So Here's the Deal

On September 1st, I am participating in the My Sister's Knitter Tackling WIPS KAL over here.  My goal for this KAL is not cast on anything new until I get some of those pesky WIPS done.  As part of this KAL, I am self-imposing myself on a cast on diet.  My thought is that I cannot cast on anything new until I have completed (and by completed, I mean sewn up and blocked) at least five things.  And while on this cast on diet, I want to seriously lose five WIPS AND five pounds.  Then I'll reward myself.


It all begins on September 1st.  So you know what I am doing now, don't you?  But, of course a frenzy of casting on.  Well, not a frenzy, but I am updating my Ravelry Project Page to include my recent cast ons.  I have them in my little book, but I thought it was time to do a little updating on the project page as well.  I am also eating up anything bad…I know I know, whatever I gain I still have to lose, but hey it's my challenge.

My sox alone would be four projects if I would just knit them up.


And it would free up three bags for other uses.  But, besides sox, I do have a couple of other WIPS that I'd like to get off of the needles...


But, the only one that I really know for sure at this writing is that I want to finish my Scallop Shawl first.  I want to be wearing this at the shop or at home when the air condition is on to keep the chill off of the arms when wearing my t-shirts.  It is out of Frog Tree Alpaca so it is super soft and won't be scratchy on bare arms.


It is going to be tough to be WIP knitting, because there are so many great sweaters out there that I want to be knitting for Fall, which is sure to come faster than we would like.  In the mean time, we are hopeful and thinking positive thoughts that before Fall is over, we will be down one house!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a good idea! When I work on WIP's I work on one's that are the closest to being finished!!! That gets me to a new project faster. Good luck! Keep us updated so we can cheer you on.