Sunday, August 24, 2014

Yarn Shop Knitting

Not that I needed to buy yarn for my yarn shop knitting, but a week ago, Knit 4 Together got in some new yarn that feels so soft, and is in my color sort of.


It also fit the bill for a look that I had found earlier this year for a look that I am going for in the  Knit and Fit 2014 wardrobe. 


I really do believe that late August is really the time to start thinking about what you want to be wearing in just a few short months.  For the above look, I have chosen Heidi Kirrmaier's Snowbird. This sweater and yarn is going to be perfect for jeans or work.  And it will be one that I can tuck in my bag and wear in the a/c or when Fall brings a chill.

 
A friend of mine thought that this pattern wouldn't give me enough challenge.  Haha, she really doesn't know Heidi's patterns, because if she did, she would know that Heidi doesn't just do plain old top down construction.  She always takes you in a direction that has you wondering how is that gonna work?

This is the start of the sweater, the left and right collars?  


The Summer of Shawls is not over yet, I have a couple (okay several of those on the needles), I'll blog about that whole thing next week.  And hopefully, my one Summer Sweater will be blocked and sewn together in time for wearing late next week.  All that and more, later.  Until then, start thinking about your Fall wardrobe, you really will be wearing it soon (even though we are having high 90s all this week and humid.)  If you knit it, Fall will come, eventually.

No comments: