Sunday, August 07, 2016

Stitches Midwest 2016

Oy, so much to tell you/show you.  So much knitting to be done! Stick with me, won't you, please and thank you.

When going it is so much more fun to go with good friends!




Mornings are beautiful when all you have to do is get up, have someone serve you breakfast,


hang by the fireplace with a cuppa until it is time to head to the market.


We went to the fashion show Friday night and on Saturday headed to some of the booths to see the garments up close and personal.  I loved this one!  Right at the moment, I do not have any place to wear it, but there will be an occasion and I will have it ready.


The yarn is by Universal and for me, I thought out of their normal workhorse yarn box.  I am not sure on how hard the yarn will be to work with, but, when I get to that point I will update you on how much I like or not.


And of course, I already have this in progress and the KAL is still going on over on the Lost City Knits Ravelry group.  Seeing it on the runway AND in Denise/Chris' booth in yellow, along with being able to see it up close and personal and touch it, well, it makes me want to sit and knit away on it this Sunday.


And then there was the market.  8 rows of lovely booths!  Debbie and I figure at least one row of booths were missing (Miss Babs, The Yarn Barn of Kansasy, Signature Needles, etc), but still we managed to shop Thursday night at the preview, Friday until early afternoon and Saturday as well.

So here we go -

A sweater

Ginger

For Poppy for Christmas


Revive from Webs.  I knew that Revive was being discontinued, so I could NOT pass up this color way for a nice summer top.  Probably not until next Summer, this may have to go into stash for awhile.


Poms from Steven Be, the limey one is for me and the multi is for Miss M. for on top of a hat for her for Christmas.


For the Lerwick Harbour Hap out of the Ultima Thule book by Lost City Knits.  I absolutely cannot cast on this one until the Kailyard Shawl is finished!  No, really, I can't!  Lerwick has a main color for the center, which is the two dar teal ones in this picture.  I haven't decided on all of the colors that will make it into the shawl, I picked up an extra (the far left one) in case I want to sub one of the others out. I so want to cast on, but, I CAN'T, really I shouldn't.


I bought another shawl pin, this one seemed to be fairly easy to use and keep in, I'll report on how successful that is when I actually use it.  To be continued…


And because I am such a gadget person, I could not resist these Clover goodies.  Clover had a booth with everything they carry in the knitting line (or at least it appeared they did.  There are clip pies, a very large pom pom maker and a tassel maker as well.


And then, I could not resist a Yarnit.  I think this is going to come in real handy when I knit the Universal Shawl above.  I'll pop the yarn in there and it should stay in place and top fall all apart over in my bag.


I picked ups some patterns and there is one other yarn, that probably will go to hospice or be a hospice blanket, thats a decision for another day and I have one more before I have to go back to work and be a good little worker til Christmas vacay time I think.

It was a wonderful weekend with wonderful friends and seeing old friends in the market and around the hotel that I have see a couple of times a year.  Already, we are planning next year's trip and I've got a couple of booths on a list to take a better look at next year.  Not that I am wishing my life away, but….

No comments: