Sunday, June 25, 2017

ZK 2017

On a whim, my friend and I decided to attend ZK in Rochester.  We had a great time and it was so relaxing, we met some new friends that we are going to be keeping in touch with and are already planning next year to go again and sit with them and hang out.  


The goodie bag was unbelievable!!


Food was on our own, but on Thursday night we had smores.






Friday night,  Susan B. Anderson was the key note speaker. Saturday was the market.  A couple of new yarns to me (upper left and center), a brand new book hot off the press, yarn kit from Leading Men Fiber Arts for Salt and Pepper Sweater and a couple of really cool shawl pins, along with a shawl pattern in two weights from Daisy Chain Knits.


 and then we had a dance by video and desserts.  An take note of Amanda, center in the pic below.  A new designer that D, I and our whole table became fast friends with.  I will be blogging about her soon and showing off one of her designs.


Every one came home with a door prize, mine was a sweater's worth of Knit Picks Cotton!  It will be perfect for this sweater from Cori and Megan's new book!  I'll blog about it later this week and tell you about the classes D and I sat in this weekend.


We had a fantastic weekend, despite my couple of episodes with an issue, but in true form of a good friend, D rolled with it.  And we've decided that we are making this a yearly trip for us to meet up with our ZK friends!  Now for work re-entry, do I have to?  Said with a whine.

No comments: