Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Heading Out To Stitches Midwest Tomorrow

It's here! Stitches Midwest and the last of my Summer Knitting Travels.  I am more prepared for this adventure than I have been for any of them. Well, except for some speed drying I am doing on my Fine Sand sweater.



I stayed up til it was finished last night, got up early this morning to weave the last sleeve ends in and then started the blocking.  Originally, I was just going to wet down the hems and the front garter band because I knew I was going to have a very limited time to get it dry today.  Then decided I had better get it all wet.  As expected, it was still very wet tonight when I got home from work, so I started following the sun with it to get some fast drying.  I'll bring it in shortly and throw it back on my table with the fans for the rest of the night, and it should be done by packing time tomorrow.

 I've got my list.  I am taking less bags than I have ever taken before and that goes for the knitting as well.

I am taking only two projects to work on.  My wrap from the Magpie Fibers yarn I bought last year and a cowl for the 40 Cowls project should I need it.


I'm going to concentrate on the wrap most of the weekend.  Tomorrow morning, I'll move the progress keeper to where I start it on the trip up and we'll see how far it gets by Saturday home time.

Have a great weekend, and I'll blog next week about Stitches Midwest!

No comments: