Sunday, August 19, 2018

Weekend Happenings

On Saturday, I decided to tackle the Yarn Room.  Go through a few yarns that had been given to me and donate them to other good causes.  After I did that, I decided to go through canvas bags on my hall tree and cut bait with some of them.  This is what I came up with...lots of needles, lots of empty canvas bags and quite a few projects that needed to be tossed out.  And I did it without feeling guilty. They all served a purpose at one time, but it was time for them to go, there was never any hope of them growing into real finished projects.


And today, I decided it was time to take a break from knitting on the most boring baby blanket ever, and do a bit of swatching on future sweater projects.  First up is for my Veronika that is slated to be cast on September 1st.  Which just so happens to be the first day of a long holiday weekend.  The yarn is YOTH Father.


And second up is Magpie Fibers Solstice and this is swatch is for my Ouzo.


It would seem by the looks of these two swatches that I plan on wearing a lot of denim with them.  Ah well!

No comments: