Saturday, November 03, 2018

Day 3 Weekends!

Weekends at home in the Fall are meant for Shawls!  When sitting around, I am warm or in the case of this weekend, when I have to pop outside with the granddog, they keep me warm.



Then when I am inside, and moving about doing something, they are easily thrown off and back on again.



This one is probably one of the first shawls I ever knit.  It is so old that I don't have it on Ravelry, and not sure if I bought the yarn at Knit 4 Together when I first discovered them or in one my yarny travels.



The back has a bit of a Faroese type center and the front ties are quite long, and I do remember tying it around like they did in the days when they were used in the fields to be kept out of the way.
But, these days it is not something I "should" wear like that!




The yarn is La Grande Mohair in a pretty subdued seafoam, but I do love it, and most of all because it is so soft and not a bit itchy.

Hope you are having a great weekend and wearing your knits!


No comments: