Monday, June 29, 2020

I'm Still Knitting Tees This Summer

Just because I'm knitting Shawls of Summer, doesn't mean I have given up my knitting of tees.  Au contraire, I am having a blast knitting on all the Tees, but also, looking at all the shawls that I want to knit.

Yes, you can do both!

I have been wanting to knit the Rock It Tee by Tanis Fiberarts since it first came out.  The stripe effect is using a finger weight for one stripe and then a mohair for the other stripe.



When we were down at The Fiber Universe a couple of Tuesdays ago, it was my intention to get a mohair or Suri Alpaca to go with a yarn from my stash.  I even had one in my hand, but turned around and saw these newbies on the shelf, and well, they spoke to me.  I knew that I had to have them.

They are both the same color way, Under the Sea.  The one on the left is the finger weight and the one on the right is Fairy Floss in a mohair/silk.


This first part of the knit is back and forth, and for me it seemed like it was going to be forever, until joining in the round.  I started out knitting it on a size 4 needle because I have such narrow shoulders in comparison to the rest of my body.

I was super excited when I finally got to join in the round and do some stockinette.



I switched to a size 6 for the next four to five inches for the bust, and then went  to a size 7 for the hips, which is my usual way of accommodating the shaping that I like to use on a lot of my sweaters where there isn't any shaping.

I have been fully into the virtual version of Stockinette Zombies Retreat since last Tuesday night, and even though there have been tempting things to knit on while at the retreat, my only project has been my Rock It Tee.



I wonder, and I am becoming a monogamous knitter?

Nah, I don't think so!








No comments: