Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Summer Fun Along

How are you spending your Summer, despite it all?

First, I bought some tiki lights so we can sit on our porch at night and not get bitten up.  I will keep you posted on how well they work.


Today, the Tuesday Fiber Universe group got together on the Riverfront since the shop is allowing only 3 in at a time.  It was a beautiful day by the water, under the shade trees with the breeze coming in from the river.  Not bad at all.


We had a couple of newbies drop by today to sit and watch us knit and then they napped next to us.
I think we may have bored them.


Our friend, Becky had show and tell, a modified dress for her niece.  I cannot give you the details, since Becky doesn't do Ravelry, I can just say she used the inspiration from a dress she knit once before and a calendar page from one of the knitting box calendars some years ago.



And keeping with the theme of the 4th of July, I am knitting my own little 4th of July sweater, Shelley Summer Top out of Cascade Sunseeker from my stash of many years ago.


It's a pretty straight feather and fan pattern, with a sparkle to it.


I am having so much fun with my knitting this Summer, now that I am retired, and since I am not using the mouse and keyboard as much, my hands are so much improved.

And being today with friends, knitting has been the best day since I retired.



No comments: