Monday, June 01, 2020

The Real First Day

Today, is the first Monday, the first real work day where I don't have to go to work=the first real day of retirement and the first day of June.

I still woke up at the same time, but immediately grabbed a cuppa and we went out to sit on the porch to listen to the birds and watch a bit of sun come up and then immediately go behind the clouds.  It's a cool day right now at this writing, and cloudy, but I don't mind at all.



Since walking out the door from work on Friday, I have already been starting planning and a bit of cleaning/reorganizing.

Friday night, I started setting up my sewing room downstairs, pulling things off of shelves and doing a bit of sorting.  I have not had my sewing machine set up in over six years, and I am looking forward  to doing some sewing for me ( I used to sew everything for myself except for underwear) back in the day.  And before I went to the College to work, I managed a quilt shop, so I have a quilt or two that I would love to work on.

In my sorting, I came across this wall hanging, that was part of a round robin quilt that a bunch of us were doing.  The only thing it needs is the binding sewn down.  What a find!



Another hobby I used to be obsessed with before knitting took over my life was cross stitch.  I have a cabinet downstairs devoted to cross stitch kits, floss, and everything else associated with it.  So it should not be a big surprise to anyone, that there are UFOs in that department, now would it?!  I pulled this one out of a tub, and immediately knew I wanted to add it to my little room I am carving out for needle working, knitting and blogging.


Over just a couple of days, I have accomplished so much, some cleaning, some finally putting things away, some rearranging, and it just feels so darn good. There is a lot more to do, but it will wait. After 26 years at the College and a total of 47 years, for the most part, of working pretty steady since I was 15 years old, I deserve this.

Tomorrow, since we are into June and Summer temps are on the horizon, I am going to start blogging about Summer Tees.  I so anxious to start some tees that are all the rage right now and build up my retirement wardrobe.

Have a great Monday all, please be safe and stay healthy out there!

No comments: