Monday, August 03, 2020

Monday Mail Call

Let me start with saying, I do not need to buy any yarn.  But, Instagram has been, during Covid, the place where I can find all kinds of new to me yarns, designs and knitting related things.

One of the shops that I follow regularly is The Knitting Place.  I love when they do unboxings and also follow Dina's podcast on You Tube.  One of my prerequisites for continuing to watch new You Tube podcasts is if they make we want to knit something, and the Knitting Place does.

Last week, they got a shipment of Cake Wool in and showed all the color ways.  This Captain Phil color way caught my eye, and since it is named after a now deceased Captain from a show I used to watch, Deadliest Catch, I had to have it.  That and the pattern, Dina and Pam were showing as a possible knit out of it was Ranunculus with short sleeves, I thought it might make for a nice last Summer top knit.



When I bought the kit for the Together Apart KAL giveaway, Molly brought to my attention this Caribe Blue, Snowcone in finger and mohair.  I had to have it, and am thinking one of the simple knits from Petite Knits out of it for the Fall/Winter wearing season.


And no, I don't have this exact color of Caribe Blue yet in my knits.


Knit On this week!

No comments: