Saturday, March 19, 2022

What I Learned

Last night, I was bound and determined to finish this collar on my Comfort Fade Cardi by Andrea Mowry.  I almost succeeded and got a few stitches bound off, before I decided I really should tackle the rest of the bind off today.
What I learned - 

the short row method in garter that Andrea used for the collar was magnificent.  And yes, it took several days to complete, but I totally love the result.

 is that I actually like Jeny's Suprisingly Stretch Bind Off that Andrea recommended in the pattern.  Having never done it before, I figured I give it a try and if I hated doing it, I would pull it out and do my old trick of going up several needle sizes to achieve a stretchy bind off.  Not only did I like it, it wasn't hard to do and I loved the edge finished of the collar.


I loved the DK yarns I finally settled on, three from Legacy Fiber Artz and one from  Cake Wool. Aquanet, Sea Glass, Kirk and Plumage.  I did have two fails on the final color way of the sweater, but I will add them to my stash for future projects.  I had the Cake Wool in my stash from last Summer, and it was just what my sweater needed.

I've leftovers from all of them, but see them as possibilities for a future project to be used together again.


My sweater is off to the blocking bath in the next couple of days, but I did try it on and I am so happy with the fit right now, that it will be a light blocking especially for the sleeves as they are just right as they are.


I have to finish by giving this an A+, the pattern, the yarn, and the fit.  It's going to be great to wear this Spring!!



 

No comments: