Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday Updates

It's so difficult to decide on what to knit on. I have tried desparately to come up with a plan as to what to knit on.

This is the Cuff to Cuff Pullover from Wool Gathering. It is out of Unspun Icelandic. I have duplicated Meg's thought and added a small geometric pattern to the bottom to keep from rolling. I probably should have purled the first row to eliminate the little kick I am getting, but I am hoping that it will stay down with some blocking.

Next is the Suspender Pullover from Spun Out. It is from the Berroco Ultra Alpaca. I am concerned that I won't have enough yarn, but I blindly knit on and will deal with it in the end. This is idiot knitting for the moment, so it will accompany me to Knit Nights so I can talk and knit at the same time. It is kind of boring knitting, but once the front panels are done then a new color will be introduced.

My current want to knit on project is the Round the Bend Jacket from Canadian Regal. I can hardly wait to get to the color changes on this and so I will knit on it for the next couple of nights. I have the video so it is fun to watch it and knit to!

And finally, the Pie Are Square Shawl from Knitting Around out of Unspun Icelandic. Again, I am duplicating Meg's pattern (I know I really need to get away from doing that to be a true non-follower). This one I just knit on when the t.v. is on mute or off and no one is around me, so I can concentrate. I like working on the Unspun Icelandic, but when you tear it out several times you have to either toss it or spit slice it together. I may need another hank of this one to complete.

So that is where I am this Sunday on my knit camp knitting. There is so much more to do. I need my ship to come in so I can quit work and just knit!

No comments: