Friday, December 29, 2006

Suspender Sweater Done

I love it. I loved knitting with Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. And I have two skeins left. With 215 yards on each skein, I'll have enough for a scarf. That should be nice and cozy.

I had to start over a couple of times on weaving the garter stitch side seams. I had never done it before. I got the Glossary DVD out and Handknitting with Meg to see how to do it. Finally, after almost weaving one whole side seam, I figured out, mine looks best when done from the wrong side. Then the right side looks much better. I am not sure if I missed that along the way or if it was just me.

Last night I started back with the Round the Bend sweater. I need to find something that is some mindless knitting for Knit Nights and at lunch work knitting.

Today, is the last real vacation day. After today, everybody will be back at home for the weekend and it will just be a weekend. I am going to haul out the baby yarns and decide on options at least three baby sweaters that I need for this Spring. One I know will be a girl's and one for my great nephew that I have talked about before. The other I won't know for sure for another couple of weeks. This should be fun!

No comments: