Monday, January 11, 2010

Groundhog Day

Just like the movie, I seem to be starting over every once in awhile. Today, was back to work after a three week vacation/sick week. It became evident yesterday and even more evident, this morning when I went to get dressed that I have must have spent most of that time sitting and eating, because the pants were definitely a little tight. My reminder that it is now time to get back on the Weight Watchers wagon and the exercise routine.

I'm saving the exercising for tomorrow, no really I am. But, started my Weight Watchers program again and am happy to report that Day 1 was a success....ate my veggies and fruit, stayed on points and drank my water.



The next thing I did was shut the t.v. off and left the laptop cover for one hour.
I wanted to do Elizabeth Zimmermann's Almanac this year and started the Aran on the first of January.

Working the Aran requires at least for me, a little bit of quiet.

It seemed to work for me tonight, I was on a roll and managed to get a few rows on it done. It is a slow go and I wanted to keep knitting on it, but also wanted to make sure to have some time to post and check a couple of blogs that I read on a daily basis.

This past weekend, the Mason Dixon blog steered me toward the Glamour article where it is the contention with the writer that if you get 7 1/2 hours of sleep a night, you can lose weight. I don't think that is going to work for me...I like staying up late too much and have to get up early in the morning, but for the time being, I am going to try and get a little more sleep.

I think that is why the bug got me...during my vacation, I had been staying up late and getting up way too early. Can't hurt to try.

Day 1...in my estimation was a success.

No comments: