Saturday, November 19, 2011

Five Hour Tour

It took me about that long to knit these cuties.  They are the Duffer pattern that Linda just had to show us on Thursday night.  I have had my eyes on them for awhile.  Until now, I really have not succombed to the felted slipper thingy.  But, this one I could not resist.


Of course, since I didn't know what I was doing really (a sign that I should not start a new project at 10pm).  I used two strands where I wanted to use three strands and vice versa.
 I used the yarn I wanted for the sole for the top and vice versa.  But, after I came to that realization, I had already completed one and I said what the heck, I'll just do the other one that way too.

This morning I felted it and couldn't resist trying it on.  I knitted the 7 1/2" at the required gauge.  It was a little snug.  I'll try it on again when it isn't so wet.  Worse comes to worse I'll find someone who has a little smaller foot than mine.

I'm not casting on another pair for right now even though I have plenty of Cascade 220 contenders.  But, I will try again.

No comments: