Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just A Little Catchup

My Duffers don't fit me.  I'm not as crazy about them as I was last weekend.  I think I might like them better unfelted.  I'll revisit that later.

Saturday, I will be shopping at my local small business.  Knit Four Together, of course, and they are having a sale.  Lots happening on Saturday - we are having everyone here for a second Thanksgiving celebration for Baby Boy A and his wife and my neice and her family.

I just have two more scarves to knit for the Girls Holiday Bash.  The total is going to be around 47 which will be more than I think we are going to need, so there will be extras for the giving tree at work.  The one on the right is the Eco Duo that I love and it may stay in my bag for me.  I have a brown jacket that it will go with.  But, what I really looking for is a brown wool coat.  Do you know how hard that is to find?!



I cast on a child's neckdown this morning before work.  There is another in the bag that I would like to cast on and get knitted far enough down to let my neice, her mom and friend knit on a bit after I teach them how to knit on Thanksgiving.  At least that is the plan.  Neither of these are Christmas presents.  The nice part is that we can try them on as we knit on them to make sure they fit.  In the past when I have tried to stealth knit sweaters for presents, it doesn't always work out quite to my expectations.



I need to finalize plans for Beginning Knitting on Thursday.  I bought both of the young gals this book on the suggestion of a fellow knitting teacher.  This is going to be an interesting experience.  I don't think I ever taught anyone from the start.  Always in the past, they have a little basic knitting knowledge.



Last Sunday, I cast on for the Cranberry Capelet out of Berroco Flicker.  This is going to be so cool and I am anxious to knit more on it.  But for now, it will have to wait until Saturday.


Lots of knitting on this front.  Once the twopers are done, it is going to be back to knitting as usual.

No comments: