Sunday, November 06, 2011

Really, I Am Not Sick

I have not knit since Friday.  That is unbelievable for me.  But, those who know me, know that I have been thinking about knitting though.  You see on Friday, I heard that Ewe-Nique Yarns over in Morton, got their Madelinetosh in.  They were putting it out for Saturday morning to be sold starting at 10 am.  I have seen and fondled the yarn in Memphis just never actually bought any. 

I don't know what happened, two of them just jumped in my hands and came home with me.

 Lapis Pashmina was the second one that caught my eye only because of the weight.  I am tossing around knitting Cheryl Oberle's Faroese Shawl out of this.



 The shawl has been on my radar for sometime, I've just trying to find just the right yarn for it.  I did not really want a variegated yarn for it, but rather something that was dyed.  This yarn has a great feel to it. 


The Tosh Sock in Cousteau (love that name and the color) was the first one that I eyed after I saw the display.  I really would have loved this in the worsted version so I could do a little sweater that I have wanted to knit.  But the shop only got 4 of each of the worsted in colors which for me was just not enough for what I wanted to do. 

I'm torn on which one of my ideas that I want to knit this with.  


Vitamin D has been in my queue for sometime as well.  Just not sure.


My other choice so far is the Landscape Shawl.  I'm jut not sure that the stitches will show up as nicely with the dark colors.  So many things to think about. 

I guess it may be time to do a little swatching and figure out what I want these to be.  I'm anxious to get my fingers on them.

It's been a great weekend.  The kids from Iowa were here and my niece and her family from Aurora.  We celebrated my birthday last night with them.  It's hard to believe but we talked about the holidays and when we would be celebrating them. 

It's a little chilly day here in Central IL.  The wind is blowing and it is gloomy outside.  The plus is that Hallmark has started running their holiday movies.  I love this time of year.  Those movies make for some great knitting background noise.  Even if it does seem a little early for it all.

I'll keep the blog posted as to what the Madelinetosh decide to grow into.  Feel free to leave me ideas.

I have 1080 yards of the Pashmina and 1580 of the Tosh sock.  Let me know what you think.  Really!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I don't know what you should knit with them but, since they are so close in color you should probably give one to a friend..... ME!!! Can't wait to see what you decide to do.