Monday, November 05, 2012

Strike One

Christening Shawl is off the list.  There is just not enough time and too many other things that need to be knitted before Christmas.  Pair that with the fact that I have knit Mona Lisa two blankets already, I think that is sufficient.

The afghan for my great-niece is getting along, but there is still a lot of knitting to do on it.  I think I've got a plan on the colors to be used to get the most out of what she has given me. 

 My package from Schoohouse Press came today with my kit for Mona Lisa's Christmas stocking.  This is going to be one of those things you knit a bit at a time.  Or tomorrow night when there is nothing on until Sons of Anarchy, it might be a good time to cast on.
I didn't realize until tonight when I was actually looking at the pattern that it has an afterthought heel.  That will be some great fun to try out!

Also in today's mail was the yarn for Mona Lisa's Christmas coat or dress (yet to be decided) and her Mary Janes. 

I am so glad that I took the Christening Shawl off of my list!!


No comments: