Thursday, May 15, 2014

Summer Knitting??!

Oh my gosh, it has been in the 50s here in Central IL ever since hitting 91 on Monday.  Last week, I took over my "winter" shoes figuring I'd be wearing sandals the rest of the season.  Good thing I left a couple of pairs of shoes here at the house!

So you can understand why it is hard to think about Summer knitting projects, right?!  But, I've got a couple of Summer yarns either in the planning stage or on the needles that I think have possibilities.

This is going to be just a cute little Summer top out of Cottonation, another tape like yarn.  I really have to say I am enjoying these tape yarns or at least it would seem so, since I have a long sleeve out of a Lang version on the needles and this short sleeve top on the needles out of the Plymouth Yarn version.


I picked up this super soft Lang yarn in March at the Pipeline Retreat.


My mind has it knitted into something like this tank pic that I purloined from the internet.  Problem is, I cannot find the original pic to see how I can get the pattern.  I'd even settle for how to make that front happen if I could.  In the meantime, the yarn may just have to be some sort of color blocked top or tank.


My Sunseeker yarn from Cascade has been kicked around a bit.  I originally bought it in Janesville in the Winter of 2013.  At the time, I just loved the yarn and thought it would make a nice little something.  Very rarely, do I buy yarn without knowing what it initially wants to be, but this time, I just bought what I thought I might need.  At one time, a Summer shawl was in the running, but I have since nixed that idea.


A couple of weeks ago, I ran across Sunseeker used in a Berroco top and I really liked the look of it, so I've decided I have enough yardage to do it.


I'm pretty pleased that I have a plan for my Summer knitting or at least of a couple of my Summer yarns, it sure takes the pressure off, for now.

No comments: