Sunday, June 08, 2014

Spaces to Knit

It is coming together, but there is still quite a bit to be done.  Today, the Big Guy are kind of sort of taking the day off.  No major moves, just gearing up to getting back to work tomorrow, you know the kind of work that pays for a new house.

Today, I am going to show you around my spaces to knit in the new house.

The living room and my new chair (it rocks, it reclines, I love rocking as you will see.)  In the old house, I was surrounded by my knitting stuff, but in the new house, I'm keeping this area clean and simple and ready for little people.


My secret project is being housed next to me in my table so I can knit on it while we are watching t.v.


The knitting room.  Originally, this was going to be the yarn room, but we decided to house the yarn upstairs, out of the way for the most part, and I am so pleased about that.  This room is a work in progress, but my old ratty chair is being housed in there for now, and it is a great place to work on my computer, listen to podcasts/videocasts when the Tall Guy has went to bed.  It has great light and I can put my stuff all around me if I want.


My project for this space is my Birds Nest Shawl from over at the Spring KAL on the Ravelry Knitaway group.


The porch space.  The Tall Guy surprised me with these two rockers.  I thought that I might get to sit out there when it rained and knit, but after last night, it appears that will not be the case.  But, this space will get a lot of knitting time this Summer.  I see it as a great space to knit when I take a day off and my knitting friends join me for a bit of knitting.  And we tend to spend a bit of time out every night drinking coffee or chai in the Summer time, just to cool off and decompress before bed.


My front porch project is some dishcloths for the kitchen.  Perfect project where it doesn't matter if you get a bit of outdoor matter in them.


And finally, the upstairs rocker.  I don't have a project for there yet, but there are plenty of project bags that are just waiting for me to open them up.  I won't spend a whole lot of time up there, but it is nice to have options.


What I like the most about my spaces, is that wherever I am knitting, there is going to be plenty of light to see what I am knitting.

I love my spaces to knit!

No comments: