Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Packing For Camp and Wednesday Website

Is a hard thing.  It is about four days long, but I want to pack everything I'm working on, thought about working on or yarn for what everyone else is working on.

But, I have narrowed it down to a few things which surprisingly enough are all part of my Summer of Shawls. Well, almost.  But, they are not important of the sake of this blog post.

The Birds Nest Shawl is going with just because I feel like I have been neglecting it while I knitted on a very important piece.


Also making the trip is something I've been toying with for about three years.  I've blogged about it in the past and finally cast on it last weekend AGAIN.  (It went to camp last year too)  It has had some false starts since then while I worked out what needle I wanted to cast on, but I think I've got it going now.


I want a shawl that can double as a blankie from Cheryl's Just Beautiful Alpaca.  I have been back and forth as to what kind of edge I wanted to do and just what pattern to use.  I, first had though Stonington, but since I have one of those on the needles out of Shetland Jumperweight, I didn't want to be knitting on two.

With the yarn being black, I didn't want to have to look at it too much while knitting, I just wanted to knit blindly whenever possible.   I have been kind of obsessed with Sharon Miller's Hap Shawls and thought maybe one from her book might be what I wanted.


Then I happened onto just the thing over on http://loritimesfive.blogspot.com  Lori knitted a Hansel out of black as well.  And then, well you know the rest is history. I am hoping to be able to knit a bit on my Hansel during camp which should be fairly easy to do while taking it all in.

I am hoping to blog while at camp if I get a chance, but if not, I'll give you the low down the first of next week!

No comments: