Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Wednesday WIP

My thought when this year's edition of Summer of Shawls came out was to pull shawl WIPS out of the archives that have been waiting for some love for some time.

But, today's WIP is neither out of the archives or a shawl.  This week's WIP is a Hospice Prayer blanket and is keeping with the 4th of July weekend.


The yarn is Bulky Pacific, the pattern is Catty Corner.  I am hoping to have this off the needles by the weekend and blocking.

As much as I love the way bulky yarns and big needles make knitting go fast, I gotta admit that it has been wreaking a bit of havoc with both of my hands.  A bit of rest from knitting the big stuff helped these past couple of days and I'll take that as a warning sign for future projects.

We are having some nice weather and temps these past couple of nights so it's been perfect for porch knitting and having a blanket covering me hasn't been so bad.  Hope you are all having a great week!

No comments: