Friday, December 16, 2016

It's A Gloomy Day

today in Central Illinois.  There is no sun, it is dreary, it snowed lightly this morning and the weekend is going to be wicked starting tonight.  But, at Chez PJKnits, it's not so bad.

I'm hanging out, watching my new fave podcast - The Yarn Hoarder Podcast.  When I got the notification this morning via email that Amber had posted a new podcast, it totally brightened my day!  Amber is so cheery and excited about her knitting and yarns that for me she is a must see and I think you should tune in too!

And because I can, I cast on a new project today to knit on while hanging out this weekend.  A new hospice blanket that I am using Caron Cakes for, just two skeins and the Grandmother's Favorite Washcloth pattern as the basis of it. Voila, it will be a nice hospice blanket and well, the colors, just look at the colors!  And that blip in the middle was there as I knit it.



 I'll knit the first one repeating the pattern, knit 2, YO, knit to end until I run out of yarn in the first skein and then I'll switch to repeating the decreases, knit 1, knit 2 together, knit to the end of the row where I will finish it off.  I've used this pattern for years, making dishcloths for the Tall Guy's Mom and also to teach at work some new knitters.

So, it may be a dreary, cold weekend upon us, so if you have to go out, be careful out there and bundle up with some nice knits or kick back in front of the fire ( I wish I had one) with a cuppa and just watch it do it's thing.

I'll catch you on the purl side.

No comments: