Sunday, July 30, 2017

It All Started

Isn't that how all good stories start?

It all started when I went looking for this errant skein of yarn.



In the last couple of weeks, I have been trying to locate it in my stash.  And because, I really never had an inventory or my stash on Ravelry, I wasn't 100% sure I had the skein I was looking for.  I had notes in a notebook when I was trying what yarn to use for a sweater a couple of seasons that  had five skeins of my yarn, but when I went looking in my bins, I could only locate 4.  I cast on my sweater on a wing and a prayer that the 5th would turn up.  Finally, I found the label about a week ago with the pattern that I had knit a swatch last season.  I knew I had that skein of yarn!!!  But, where?

I looked in the yarn room in the bags on the tree.  I checked bags in the chest.  I looked lightly every where at that darn skein remained hidden.  Almost conceding defeat, I bought a skein at my local yarn shop, in a totally different dye lot, and knowing full well, it is never a good idea to mix dye lots, but I picked it up none the less, just in case I could make it work.

In the mean time, because I have such a ridiculously amount of stash and I know what is there, but did I really know what is there, I thought if I was going to tear my stash apart, it was time to get a good inventory and get it logged into Ravelry so I could use the stash function over there to it's potential, I started last week, the great inventory.


Every skein of yarn is coming off, getting its picture taken, written down with color ways, dye lot, how many there is of them and what new bin it is going into.  Then into Ravelry it goes.


I am on about day three of entering into Ravelry and hoping that I'll have a place to sit soon in the yarn room.


But, after Day 3, just as I was about to give up for the day, and go back downstairs in defeat, I decided to pull some of the some yarns off to take just a few pictures more and what do you think popped up???
My ball of yarn!!!

THE END!  To the perfect story!







No comments: