Thursday, August 31, 2017

Hello Thursday!

 I tried posting my Wednesday WIP last night, but the iPad was having none of it, and well, I was just too lazy to get up out of my chair to get the laptop, so here are some random thoughts for this beautiful Thursday in Central Illinois!

Kind of sort of off the needles, but not.  The Summer Cardigan has sleeves that fit now, but tonight I am going to give it a dunk in the bath and block it.  I have not put the front bands on it yet, as I want to know really how many inches of banding it needs. 

While I wait to go back to knitting on the Summer Cardigan, I pulled out a WIP last night, Fog Shawl by The Violet Pie.  I am making myself finish this!  It will be great for Fall and will be another one off the needles.  The only issue with it, is the pesky Lattice piece (knit 2 through the back loop is hard on the hands, but I do a bit and then take a break.


This morning on the way in to work, I was caught by a train.  I was congratulating myself not a half hour before, while still at home, I heard a train whistle from afar, thinking I missed that one.  But, no, as I came over the bridge at a second set of train tracks, here comes another one.  Thank goodness for purse knitting!


Look at that sky behind the train!!  We are so blessed to be having such great weather. It is just dropped dead beautiful outside this morning  and I am hoping to take advantage a bit later and walk outside, enjoy it and maybe knit a bit.  My heart just goes out to those in Texas and one particular knitter/dyer/video podcaster is in my thoughts this last week.  Surburban Stitcher has been displaced out of her home and dye studio and I just cannot imagine what they are going through or those we see on the news every night.  I am going to count my lucky stars as I go out today.

Have a great Thursday!!






No comments: