Sunday, July 15, 2007

Just Sleep Til 9

When the kids were younger, I used to get up really early and knit. It was always nice to wake up to a quiet house. My husband would sleep later then too, and I would drink my coffee and enjoy the quiet of the house.

This morning really reminded me of that. I fell asleep last night on the couch (was just goint to lay there a bit and get cool). When I woke up there this morning, I reverted to all those years back. The first thing I did was make coffee. The second thing was, say a little prayer, just sleep til 9.

They all did not sleep til 9 this morning, but they did sleep long enough that I mastered Emily Ocker's Circular cast on. And so I started this shawl this morning, while watching EZ's Knitting Workshop (the chapter on lace).
It's kind of fun, and I have had a great day getting stuff ready for camp next Thursday.

I can hardly contain myself! It is really going to happen.

No comments: