Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ravelympics2008

Over on Ravelry, the Ravelympics are set to begin on 8-08-08. I am apart of TeamKnittingCamp. The idea is to start cast on a project during the Opening Ceremonies of the Olympics and to have it completed by the Closing Ceremonies.
By being a part of Team Knitting Camp, our projects are either EZ/Meg Swansen projects or in the spirit of their style.

I am going to use my Unspun Icelandic that I got at camp this past month. I have committed to the Event Shawl Relay. I hope to do the February Pi Shawl from Knitter's Almanac. Since, I have in progress as we speak the simple Buttonhole Pi Shawl and the other version from February in purple icelandic laceweight, I am on the search for other alternatives for the bands of lace. I will be researching that in the next 7 days.

I am not at this time 100% sure this is how the colors are going to lay in the shawl. I am thinking this weekend, I might do a little color swatch to see how I want to have them appear. This is all part of the Olympic experience.

I look forward to the Olympics and my knitting. In the Winter Olympics, two years ago, i was so proud to finish my Arnhild Lace Poncho. At the end, it felt so good to accomplish one project! And oh the opportunities to knit!

No comments: