Friday, June 03, 2011

Changing Horses


It is supposed to be a 2 pc set, the first piece being a striped top down vneck cardigan from Knitting Pure and Simple. I'm just not loving the stripes. I am sort of limited by the yarn amount. At the moment, I am kicking around Ce Ce from Chic Knits, but I would be really close on the yarn and the dye lot does not seem to be available.


When I just wasn't loving the project, I went into the yarn room and hanging out of the bin was Dakota On the Side from Cheryl Oberle's Knitted Jackets. A couple of months ago, I resisted the urge to rip out what I had already knitted on it ( one pattern repeat) for possible other projects.



I hauled it out and thought I would just knit a couple of rows and see how I liked it. And now, I find myself knitting on it quite a bit. Now, I am not sure if it is because Knitting Camp is coming soon and I would like to have it finished for that or what the thought is, but it fits the Stashdown criteria for me - it's on needles already and it's from the stash.

No, it's not from the spring/summer yarn bin, but I am enjoying knitting on it and that is what really counts.

No comments: