Saturday, May 05, 2012

I Lied!

I wasn't really done with the shower knit blocking when I posted yesterday.  I wanted more for my shower present (sure I had enough but I wanted more) so around midnight last night I remembered that I had this sweater done for quite some time and was just waiting for an opportunity to finish knitting the hat.  I had only a couple of rows done on it so I figured if I stay up late and get up early, I could have it done in time for the shower.

I then realized that the sweater front edges needed a little more blocking and the button still needed to be sewn on.  The button I sewed on just minutes ago.  But, first I had to take a hair dryer to the front bands to get them dry.  Sitting in front of a window on a coolish night doesn't do much for drying so I resorted to the fast blocking method I sometimes use.

And voila!  A sweater for Baby H.

 Sure, there is quite the assortment in this present, but thats just me and I ain't apologizing for it.  You know it is my first grandbaby, don'tcha?!  I am entitled as a new grandma.  And yes, Tall Guy, I will remember it when Baby Boy gets married and has his first child!


The ensemble is all wrapped up and if I do say so myself, this is just too darn cute for words.

Time to do some knitting for next Saturday's shower!!!

No comments: