Sunday, May 06, 2012

What A Lovely Shower It Was

My niece and sister-in-law had the nicest shower yesterday for Baby H.  After, we celebrated Mother's Day at my sister-in-law's house.  It was a really good day!  It started out frantic ( me knitting into the wee hours and early morning), but was just a really nice day.  Today, I've been doing some knitting thinking while just enjoying the day.


 She is finally starting to show.  Only 9 weeks to go.  How did that happen.


The cake was scrumptious!

 My nieces were all there.  The one on the left hosted the shower with her mother.  I just realized we didn't get any pictures of her!  We really should have.

 My friend Jeannie came.  We've been friends since before Baby Boy A and Baby Boy B were born.

 My autnies (the last of my mom's sisters) were there.  I had to bend over for this pic.  When did they get so short?  Aunt Ivy on the right is 91.  She is simply amazing and still living in her own house.  How cool is that?
 The mom-to-be got a lot of diverse gifts.  Nothing was duplicated.


I didn't know, but I have been known for knitting for babies in our family. 

 This is the outfit I stayed up late and getting up early to finish.

My sister-in-law made this diaper cake as  the gift table centerpiece.  Those are hand rolled disposable diapers.  How clever is that?

I'm taking today off from baby knitting.  Tomorrow, I'll be back at it.  There is one thing I want to do for next week's shower and then the rest of the knitting will be for when the baby arrives.

2 comments:

Kristen Rettig said...

Your blanket looks beautiful and mother-to-be looks very happy to have it. Did you make the sweater too? Adorable! I am finishing up a baby sweater and after that I'm off of baby knitting for a while too!

Penny said...

I did make the sweater. Thank you.