First up is my Hanten out of Cheryl Oberle's Dancing Colors, Evening. This jacket is supposed to have ties and decorative buttons on the front. I had enough yarn to do the ties, but have decided for now to leave them off and see how I like the open fronts.
This is what I had left after the ties. The side seams and sleeves are supposed to be three needle bind off. I like three needle bind off.
If I would have sewn the sleeves and sides up, this Hanten probably would not have been done yet.
Back in July when I bought this yarn, it was slated for Twisted, but after knitting the first piece and noodling on it for a while, I decided that maybe at this moment in time, it was not the look for me. I was limited to the 9 skeins the shop had on hand. I decided on the Knitting Pure and Simple Summer Cardigan as an option. Only problem is I have two versions of it already.
So with some modifications, I knit another one only this time decided to do my own thing with gauge and lengthen the sleeves, which then put me in the position of wondering whether I would have enough yarn for the front band. I even contemplated yesterday of trying to find one more skein somewhere in any dye lot.
So now both of these sweaters just need a little blocking and they will be good to go!