Sunday, February 23, 2014

Meet Me In St Louis

Technically, our knitting weekend's final destination was St Charles, but we did a bit of shopping on the way through St. Louis knitting shops.   Tomorrow, I'll post all the lovely yarns I found.


We rented three guest houses, this was the one I stayed in for the weekend.


Do you not just love the front door and shutters!  This is what I want to do with my new front door when we get it.

Our back door opened to the river where it was just a short walk down to the shopping in St. Charles.


Sue and I shared the downstairs bedroom which was quite cozy and warm.


Downtown St Charles has so many quaint shops to go through and a yarn shop too.  I spent a morning down there, but what I really was there for was to kick back and knit, which I did.


I just love these brick sidewalks and buildings.


This archway led to the river view.  The weather was in the 50s and sunny and so Spring like.  I wish I would have tucked in my running shoes, it would have been nice to do a walk along the river.


I love these old brick buildings, so reminiscent of colonial years.


It was a wonderful weekend spent with the friends and knitting and oh yea, Sue introduced me to


Yummo!

No comments: