Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Tale of Two Sweaters


I bought a new yarn a few weeks back purely based on color.  Surprised yet?  I swatched and pretty much decided on Snow Bird.   I've knit a bit on it.  But, I just was not feeling the love for it.


Then, I stumbled upon Amy Herzog's Shore Ledges pattern.  I was drawn to the pattern for two reasons.  One, well, you know, it was knit in almost the same color as my new yarn.  The other was that I already had the gauge from my Snow Bird and I could adapt the pattern to my body through her Custom Fit program, so I bit on it.


Now, the smart woman that I am, I did not just rip the Snowbird off of it's needles, I left it on just in case I started to feel better about it and less excited about Shore Ledges.  Today, I decided to haul Snow Bird back out and tackle it one more time.  I thought by mid afternoon, that I would finally have a clear victor of which sweater the Splatterdash was going to be.


At this posting, I can tell you that it is NOT going to be Snowbird.  And I am not 100% sure that it is going to be Shore Ledges either.  As much as I love the feel of the yarn (it feels ever bit as wonderful as Madtosh), I do not think I want a pullover out it.

So, it may be back to the drawing board or rather Ravelry patterns to find the perfect cardigan for it.  In the meantime, I think I'll knit on some shawls!

No comments: