Sunday, September 21, 2014

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

It is drop dead gorgeous today!  There is a crispness in the air and a high of 69 coming!  A perfect day for sitting out on the porch with a cup of coffee and my knitting!


The Summer of Shawls is almost officially over for me and now well, you guessed it, it is Fall for Shawls time. Tomorrow, with the start of Fall is the start of our Autumn KAL over on the Knitaway Group.  We are knitting Cheryl's Wool Peddler Shawl from Folk Shawls.  Today, I am vacillating over which of my yarns to use for it.

I really thought that I would do it out of Unspun Icelandic in the turquoise color way.  But, I have a bit of yardage in it and don't really want to have leftovers when I finish it.



However, I do have other options in the Unspun Icelandic which will still leave me leftovers, but in these color ways, no matter what I knit, I am going to have some leftovers.


Another option, I am tossing around is this cream Frog Tree Alpaca.  You know I love me some alpaca and wouldn't this be wonderful to cozy up to.


I think some swatching may be in order today to make a final decision.  But, I have this nice weather, and wonderful spot to spend it doing just that, won't you come join me?

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It would be knitterly goodness to join you!!! I vote for the green Icelandic!